Yet Another Year, Another List
Prowling like a tiger, I kicked of my New Year in Manila by going to the mall for two consecutive days now. Yesterday I lunched at Sbarro and snacked at Krispy Kreme while trying to make some progress for a current project. With no intentions of being a spendthrift all year ’round, today I bought a genuine (oh, yes) Nokia headset and a memory card reader flavored with a SIM card reader as well; with the latter 50 pesos more of the price I had in mind. Music will definitely keep my head banging every time I walk the streets from now on. And oh, I had this conversation in one of the stores I enquired:
Me: Is this compatible with Nokia 3120 classic?
Guy: Oh, no. That’s definitely not it. It has only one earpiece. It’s for guards.
Me: (in my head) The heck. So you’re telling me I used to be a guard?
Because for now I’m only human, I still happen to have a list of hopeful resolutions. I won’t be posting them though. Instead, I’ll be rocking out with the things I did during the break.
- 20: Immediately practiced “Love Story” on piano upon arriving home
- 21: Karaoke~d with cousins using a crappy mic
- 22: Said “Hello” to a closed Badminton court 😥
- 23: Watched Super G in PBB
- 24: Met a pocketful of hometown friends after the Simbang Gabi
- 26: Got fetched by classmates on wheels, went to a neighboring town, and gulped at Caltex
- 28: New watch acquired, overnight at a friend’s
- 29: 1st birthday of a classmate’s daughter
- 30: Caltex (again), Alumni Homecumming
- 01: Slept all day (boring, IKR)
The holidays were very kind to me. You never know what you’ve been missing until you’ve come to reconcile with them. Avatar on iMAX tomorrow! ‘Til then.